Thursday 17 February 2011

Year Of The Females?


Okay, so I was just updating myself with the latest in music as per usual and I got a slight feeling that the ladies are going to do something big this year. I just have a feeling. Of course we are all aware of the gents like Tinie Tempah , Chipmunk, Tinchy Strider, I could go on, who have been making continous hits lately leaving their mark on the music scene. But it was today that I realised there's a possibility this year could be about the ladies.

Last year I discovered RD (Ruff Diamondz) at a UK Grime concert at the O2. Their perfomance on 'Do It Like Me' was completely amazing. You know that feeling you get when you are hearing a song for the first time and you fall instantly in love and you just want to keep on replaying the song becuase you feel you cannot get bored of it? Yeah, that is the exact feeling I got when I watched them peform live on stage.


I also discovered Cherri V, who's performance was very prominent at that same Grime concert.
Along with the recent likes of my ears, I have also discovered other females such as Amplify Dot, Envy, Lioness, Stush, Booty Luv and many more. Most of these ladies have been releasing huge hits as of late and have been making my iTune playlist a pleasure to listen to. These ladies may be popular to many becuase of their remix to Tinchy Strider's 'Game over' last year and their feature on a song called 'Born Ready' by Amplify Dot.


The ladies have been silent for a while, but I think that 2011 is going to be the year of the females. If you want to keep up to date with what's going on with the girls just follow them on Twitter or of course, stay tuned with Ebony Sound, always here with fresh up to date news within the UK music scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment