Wednesday 16 February 2011

Uk's Homegrown: Bartoven


Freshly home-grown over here is a young and talented star in the making, Bartoven from South London. Now this guy here is going to be a self-made millionaire, you mark my words as I have said it on this day, on this blog. He is a  Rapper/Singer and he produces his own music, fully independent. If you are unaware of his music, I would recommend you to check it out, he brings the life out of pen and paper, goes into the studio and produces gold, quality music.
Okay, so I've had a mini interview with the man himself so that you guys can get to know a bit about this star in the making and what we should be expecting from him this year:
EbonySound: Tell us what you are about, apart from the fact that you do music, what's your style and who are your main influences (who inspires you)?
Bartoven: I'm all about having fun with no regrets and being myself without a care in the world. People often say I act like I'm in my own world and that because I'm always thinking about things in details with fascination and this shows in my music.
EbonySound: Yes I have picked up on that, but at the end of the day, how I see it is, the music industry is very competitive and your music has got to be unique. If your personality does not reflect through your music then there isn't really any competition. People want to hear something fresh and new to the ears. So yeah, do your thing, what works best for you.
Bartoven: My style is just keepin' cool and chilled out and not being afraid to release emotions in music when needs be. I mostly do Hip Hop, however I'd like to say I'm open with most genres apart from the unlucky few which shall not be named *coughcoughdancecoughcough* (laughs)
 My influences are people like Ryan Leslie, Kanye West, Jay Z and every local artists around me that competes with me to help me up my levels.
EbonySound: So Mr Barto, you seem to have quite a few things lined up this year. As you have recently launched a website and started your own Tv series, Tova Tuesdays as well as your music, is it fair to say we should be expecting big things from you this year?
Bartoven: YES! as you know I've been known in the past for being 'that guy that bugs us on the internet' and yes I do what I have to do to promote my music because I'm unsigned and independent. So the goal for this year is to give more, but this is the twist I want a little something back
EbonySound: Well with all your hard work and efforts I'm sure your listeners will be giving you something back, I mean I've always been told, give and you will receive more. So what have you instore for us this year?
Bartoven: I'm going to be releasing an EP called 'No Excuses' which is going to be a 10 Track EP and will be sold for the small fee of £2. The people that buy this EP and going to get my album for free when it comes out and so I figured this scheme would make the situation Win-Win. Oh Yh! In Late March I got a music video coming out to the massive blue borough collaborative track 'Blue World Order'.
EbonySound: Oh okay, that sounds really great, sounds like a lot this year. I'll be buying my own copy of 'No Excuses', supporting the movement, so make sure you save me one. What is your main target this year, one that you strongly feel you must hit without fail?
Bartoven: Getting acknowledged as a powerhouse musician in Lewisham
EbonySound: That's a really good aim, but why not aim higher? Maybe aim for the whole of London. I strongly believe you can do that. I've got faith in ambitious and determine people. But thank you for your time Mr Barto and I sure look forward to seeing your plans take action this year!

Yeah, so that's how the interview went with Mr Barto. If you still want to get to know him more check out his mini-bio on his website as well as his music, just click the link below. The same goes for his Tova series and any enquiries you may have, just get his contact details from the website.
Twitter: @Bartoven
Facebook: Nko Bartoven Jas

Check out the latest episode of Tova Tuesday

No comments:

Post a Comment