Monday 18 April 2011

Album Review: Transition by Chipmunk


From freestyling in youth clubs and playgrounds to creating big hits with big names from the US. Young UK rapper has come a long way. For those who have listened to him from the time he was sending podcasts to BBC 1xtra and sending videos to Channel U (before it was renamed Channel AKA) would know. He became widely recognised in London for his hit 'Fire Alie'. UK Rapper started off as a grime artist but eventually changed his style of music allowing it to open to wider audiences. Chipmunk has done the UK proud and smashed it with his latest album Transition. The album we have all been waiting for. This album features collaborations from big names such as Trey Songs, Keri Hilson, Chris Brown and Movado. Wow! Now to me, that's pretty impressive.

Chipmunk says, “I've transitioned from a boy to a man,". Well he certainly has and his Transition album certainly reflects it. If you still haven't listened to the album, you can hear a preview on iTunes before you purchase it. It’s an album I recommend you buy without a doubt. The album receives 4 stars from me. My only critic is the song he featured with Trey Songs. Well, we all have different taste buds I must say, to some it may be a heavenly sound, but it just wasn't my cup of tea personally. But other than that, I was not disappointed by any other song on the album, I completely loved it and I will continue to support Chipmunk like I did from the start! Well done Chippy, you smashed it on this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment